Saturday 8 August 2015

30,000 page hits!

A few days ago, this blog passed another milestone - 30,000 page-hits.  That's definitely cause for celebration!

I started the blog for several reasons.  A key one was to share one rider's journey into the extreme sport of ultra-distance riding.  There were few such accounts around when I did my first 300+km ride.  Endurance riding was a big step into the unknown for me and I wanted an honest, informative picture of what it was like.  What is more, I wanted it from a real person; i.e. a person I could identify with.  In writing this blog, I have tried to be that real person and my target audience has been myself those five years ago.

At some stage I would like to look back on that journey.  However, that's for another day.  Enough now to take heart in knowing that the blog has been successful in meeting a need.  I hope it continues to do so.  I would like to thank you all for allowing me to be a part, even the smallest part, of your own journeys.

Happy cycling!

The ups ...

... and the downs of endurance cycling

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete